It’s high time for our profession to become a place where everyone can thrive, be listened to and have their skills and expertise recognised. I’m keen to learn and to do what I can.
I will uphold this commitment by:
- Mentoring at least one person of colour, via IEMA or SocEnv.
- Continuing to work with She is Sustainable / She is Still Sustainable to support women, including women of colour, disabled women and LBTQ+ women, who work in sustainability.
- Explicitly considering diversity and inclusion when designing and delivering work for clients.
- Including diversity topics in my Making the Path by Walking newsletter.
- Seeking out and amplifying the voices of people from marginalised and minority groups.
- Collaborating with others in the sustainability and facilitation professions to learn, to challenge and to improve.